The Ottawa County Community Development Foundation (OCCDF), DBA Choose Ottawa County, is a private, non-profit 501 (c) 3 founded in 2021 to promote growth and prosperity throughout Ottawa County. OCCDF strives to improve quality of life for local citizens by working to retain existing businesses, facilitating creation of new jobs, encouraging networking among local merchants and service providers, fostering leadership development and civic engagement.
JOB TITLE: Community Development Coordinator
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This position will be responsible for the professional leadership, management and growth of the Ottawa County Community Development Foundation. The Coordinator, working in concert with the Board of Directors, will move OCCDF forward in the development and implementation of internal and external goals that reflect the organization’s vision and mission. The position provides overall leadership for fundraising, strategic planning, organization development, administration and completion of community projects/events and financial oversight. This position does allow for the opportunity to work from home, however, the Coordinator must reside within Ottawa County.
- Establishes, develops and maintains effective working relationships with municipal employees, local business owners and the general public.
- Coordinates and manages community growth projects.
- Creates annual marketing plan and manages all aspects of marketing, including website, social media, graphic creation, etc.
- Prepares progress reports and provides continual updates to Board of Directors.
- Develops and maintains a diverse funding base with emphasis on growth by fostering relationships and soliciting charitable gifts from businesses, civic groups and other nonprofit organizations.
- Evaluates grant-eligible projects according to regulations and criteria and completes grant applications.
- Creates and maintains list of local businesses.
- Collaborates with business owners and prepares periodic reports.
- Acts as liaison with funding partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
Fiscal and operations management
- Ensures OCCDF is fiscally sound and remains accountable to the Board of Directors, funding agents and regulatory entities.
- Coordinates accounting practices in preparation and presentation of annual tax filings monthly financial reviews and reports, and annual budget.
- Represents OCCDF at necessary functions to establish and maintain relationships in both the public and private sectors.
- Communicates with, and ensures representation of, OCCDF to the city, county and state policymakers, task forces, advisory committees and funding entities as appropriate.
- Fosters professional relationships with individuals and organizations and the county and state levels.
Project management and event coordination
- Collaborates with other counties, regional and state development personnel and resources.
- Serves as contact for various communities for small business programs and community funding opportunities.
- Connects businesses in the county and assists in building a network of resources to foster growth and focus on retention.
- Retains, manages and creates community events and programs through coordination and empowerment of ad-hoc event committees.
Board development and program planning
- Supports the Board of Directors through engagement in critical thinking, strategic planning, financial development and overall organizational wellness.
- Coordinates consensus among Board of Directors for organization goals and objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Three to five years general business experience.
- Post-secondary coursework in community development, public or business administration or related field preferred.
- Must live in or relocate to Ottawa County, Kansas
- Evidence of fundraising and nonprofit leadership
- Self-starter, comfortable with some ambiguity
- Ability to market to, interact with and communicate effectively with various stakeholders
- Strong relationship building and public speaking skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and ability to learn new technology as needed
- Willingness to travel within Ottawa County and across state of Kansas
- Starting salary $40,000; negotiable based on experience
- Prolonged periods of desk/computer work
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds
- Comfortable with occasional outdoor gatherings/events
HOW TO APPLY
- Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions, please email email@example.com or call 620-937-9116
Ottawa County is a farming community located in beautiful North Central Kansas. Minneapolis, the largest city and county seat, is where most of the job will be conducted with travel to other communities within the county. Ottawa County was established in 1866 and is located along US-81, six miles north of I-70.
Ottawa County Community Development Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All employment is decided on the basis of qualification, merit and business needs.